Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Bye bye "yuta-yippus"

That's how my son Aidan pronounced "eucalyptus" when he was very little. It has its place– in Australia!– but in the Bay Area it is an unwelcome invasive monoculture. Over the years, every time I hiked up the hill in lovely Wunderlich County Park and passed by the thick grove of these untidy trees, I would say to myself, I wish somebody would cut those damn things down... and lo, somebody did! May they in due time be replaced with the live oak, black oak, tanoak, madrone, and creekbed-dwelling redwood and bay laurel that populate these biodiverse foothills.


1 comment:

  1. Bookbub is the best marketing for your book. Try to be flexible with the promotion date. Ask them for any suggestions to improve. Also, having 100+ reviews helps. Try usbookreviews dot com for reviews.

    ReplyDelete