Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Postcards from Nicaragua

Research meetings took up most of my time, but I managed a little sightseeing. How about a few pictures...

Front yard of my home stay in Sontule, Miraflor...



Vacas bonitas...



Corn and beans, the staples...



My daily walk through the barrio El Rosario in Estelí took me over the Rio Estelí on "la rampla," a local landmark...



Estelí is famed for its murals. I didn't get around enough to see many of them, but this is a good one...



Some interesting commercial artwork in Managua...



And last but not least, a visit to Volcan Masaya, just south of Managua, where you can just catch a glimpse of the bubbling lava at the bottom of the crater... scary and impressive. Green parakeets nest in burrows in the walls inside the crater and sometimes circle overhead through the smoke...





And why not close with a cliché, sunset in Miraflor...


No comments:

Post a Comment