Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Warmest 12 months on record

Well, we Californians can be grateful for lovely moderate temperatures in April, while much of the rest of the country cooked. If I were a religious man I would say that God is rewarding us for being Democrats and having enacted AB 32. But I suppose our droughts and fires are yet to come, nevermind the earthquakes.

I have maintained some hope that once the global economy recovers, the forces of demand and supply will drive oil and gasoline prices through the roof, and even Americans will voluntarily go all-electric. Certainly we cannot rely on our political system to do anything. And alas, we will still have coal and fracking. OK, I'm not hopeful, I'm just delusional.

1 comment:

  1. I hate that my classes are in O'Connor. That building drains every ounce of energy out of your system. Lucas(the building greed built) is far better.

    ReplyDelete